Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
If you’re looking for a hearty, comforting dish that’s jam-packed with nutrition, you must try this Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie recipe. This recipe is a wonderful plant-based, gluten-free twist on the traditional shepherd’s pie. With delicious sweet potatoes and a variety of veggies, this dish is a surefire winner.
– 4 large sweet potatoes
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 2 celery stalks, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1 cup vegetable broth
– 1 cup cooked lentils
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Peel your sweet potatoes and chop them into big chunks. Boil them in a pot for about 20 minutes, or until they’re tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the carrots, celery, thyme, cumin, and smoked paprika to the skillet, stirring until the veggies are tender, about 8 minutes.
5. Add the vegetable broth and cooked lentils, stirring until everything is well combined.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. To assemble the dish, spread the lentil mixture in the bottom of a rectangular casserole dish. Spread the mashed sweet potatoes over the lentils.
8. Pop the casserole dish in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the sweet potato topping is golden-brown and the lentil mixture is bubbling.
9. Let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie recipe is the perfect entrée for those cool nights or when you crave something warm and comforting. Apart from being a delicious meal, it’s also a nutritious and rich source of vitamins and minerals. By using plant-based ingredients and gluten-free options, this recipe takes the classic shepherd’s pie and gives it a healthy, modern twist. Give it a try and taste the goodness!