Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Shells – The Perfect Dinner Option for Everyone
Are you tired of the same old pasta dinners? Do you want to switch things up and try something new? If so, then you have to try this Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Shells recipe. It’s a perfect dinner option for everyone, whether you’re a vegetarian or not.
The dish packs a punch of flavors that will excite your taste buds. The roasted vegetables make it hearty, while the creamy ricotta cheese layer adds a subtle indulgence that’s hard to resist. So let’s get started and tantalize your senses with this delicious recipe.
– 1 package of jumbo shells
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
– 1 zucchini, diced
– 1 yellow squash, diced
– 1 onion, diced
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 cups of ricotta cheese
– 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
– 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
– 1 egg
– 2 cups of tomato sauce
– 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and start by boiling the jumbo shells according to the package instructions. Cook the shells al dente and set them aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
3. Then, add the diced red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, and yellow squash to the skillet. Season lightly with salt and pepper, and stir the vegetables occasionally.
4. Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown and tender.
5. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese, chopped fresh basil, and egg. Mix evenly and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
6. Once the vegetables are roasted, combine them with the cheese mixture, and blend the flavors together.
7. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Fill each cooked shell with a generous amount of the vegetable-cheese mixture and place them in the baking dish.
8. Once all the shells are stuffed and placed in the dish, cover them with the remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
9. Bake the stuffed shells covered with foil for 25-30 minutes until the mozzarella cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
This Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Shells recipe is one that you won’t regret trying. It’s an easy and tasty way to get your daily dose of veggies, and the creamy cheese layer makes it feel indulgent. Serve it as an entrée or side dish, and you’ll have everyone at the table asking for seconds. So why not switch things up and try this recipe tonight? You won’t regret it.