Spring Vegetable Lasagna – Perfect for Spring Gathering
Spring is finally here! The season of rebirth, new beginnings, and the best time to enjoy fresh and delicious vegetables. If you’re looking for an exciting, fresh, and tasty recipe to delight your taste buds, then you should try making Spring Vegetable Lasagna. This vegetarian recipe is a perfect combination of flavors and textures, and it’s perfect for serving at any Spring gathering.
To make this recipe, you will need:
– 1 pound lasagna noodles
– 4 cups ricotta cheese
– 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
– 1 cup chopped asparagus
– 1 cup chopped broccoli
– 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
– 1 cup chopped yellow squash
– 1 cup chopped zucchini
– 1 cup chopped onion
– 4 cups marinara sauce
– 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together spinach, asparagus, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, and onion.
5. In a greased baking dish, spread 1 cup marinara sauce on the bottom of the dish.
6. Place a layer of cooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
7. Spread about 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the lasagna noodles.
8. Add a layer of the vegetable mixture on top of the ricotta mixture.
9. Add another layer of lasagna noodles on top of the vegetables.
10. Repeat process with remaining ingredients, finishing with a layer of lasagna noodles on top.
11. Spread remaining marinara sauce over the top layer of lasagna noodles.
12. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top of the sauce.
13. Cover the baking dish with foil.
14. Bake the lasagna for 45 minutes.
15. Remove the foil; sprinkle the chopped basil on top.
16. Place the lasagna back in the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
17. Let the lasagna stand for 10-15 minutes.
18. Serve and enjoy!
Spring Vegetable Lasagna is an excellent dish for any Spring gathering or any time of year. You’ll love the flavors and textures of fresh, seasonal vegetables mixed with creamy ricotta cheese and melted mozzarella cheese. This recipe is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Serve this dish with garlic bread and your favorite glass of wine for a complete meal. We hope you enjoy making and devouring this delightful Spring Vegetable Lasagna recipe!