Brussel sprouts tend to get a bad rap, but when they are roasted to perfection with caramelized onions and crispy bacon, they become a delicious side dish that will please even the pickiest eaters. This recipe is simple to follow and will result in a dish that will not only look great on your table, but will also taste amazing.
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is heating up, slice one large onion thinly and cut 6 slices of bacon into small pieces.
Next, prepare the brussel sprouts by washing them and removing any yellow or wilted leaves. Cut each brussel sprout in half, and place them cut side down on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
In a separate pan, sauté the sliced onions in a bit of olive oil until they are caramelized and golden brown. Then, add the chopped bacon and cook until crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
Place the baking sheet of brussel sprouts in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through and slightly browned on the edges. Once they are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
To assemble the dish, first add a h2 header with the title “Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Caramelized Onions and Bacon”. Then, add a p tag before the image with the alt tag “Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Caramelized Onions and Bacon”.
![Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Caramelized Onions and Bacon](http://www.fridaycakenight.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/roasted-brussel-sprouts.jpg)
Next, add the following ingredient list to the content:
– 1 lb brussel sprouts
– 1 large onion, sliced thinly
– 6 slices of bacon, chopped
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
After the ingredient list, add the following recipe instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash and prepare brussel sprouts by cutting them in half.
3. Place brussel sprouts cut side down on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through and slightly browned on the edges.
5. While the brussel sprouts are baking, sauté onions in a bit of olive oil until caramelized and golden brown.
6. Add chopped bacon to the onions and cook until crispy.
7. When done, remove brussel sprouts from oven and let cool slightly.
8. Assemble the dish by placing the brussel sprouts on a serving platter, and topping them with the caramelized onions and bacon mixture.
Finally, add a concluding paragraph stating how the dish is perfect for Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas parties, or any other holiday events. The combination of sweet caramelized onions, salty bacon, and roasted brussel sprouts will please even the toughest critics at your table.
With this easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll be able to create a dish that’s not only delicious, but also visually impressive. Perfect for holiday dinners or any special occasion, this dish will be a hit with everyone at your table. Give it a try, and enjoy!