Fall has arrived and it’s time to indulge in all things pumpkin and pecan! This delicious combination is brought to life in our featured recipes for Pumpkin Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Spice Pecan Brittle. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you.
Let’s start with the mouth-watering Pumpkin Pecan Pie. The perfect dessert for any fall gathering. Get your apron on and let’s get started.
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer dough to pie plate. Trim and flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans and brown sugar. Spread in bottom of crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, corn syrup, milk, flour, egg, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt until smooth. Pour over pecans.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Now that your taste buds are tantalized and ready for more, let’s talk about the savory Pumpkin Spice Pecan Brittle. A perfect blend of sweet and spicy, this recipe is sure to become a seasonal favorite.
Pumpkin Spice Pecan Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the sugar over medium-high heat until it begins to melt. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar is melted and amber in color.
- Add the butter, salt, and spices to the sugar and stir well. Add the pecans and stir briefly to combine. Pour the brittle onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread into a thin layer with the back of the spoon. Let cool completely.
- Once the brittle is cool, break into pieces and enjoy!
There you have it, two amazing recipes that are sure to make your fall gatherings a hit. Whether you’re a fan of sweet desserts, savory snacks, or both, these recipes are guaranteed to satisfy your cravings. So go ahead, get your apron on and let’s get cooking. Happy fall, y’all!