As the leaves turn gold and red and the air turns crisp, you know it’s time for the flavors of fall. And what better way to celebrate the season than with some scrumptious pumpkin and caramel treats? Get ready to indulge with these heavenly pumpkin cheesecake bars and vegan caramel sauce!
First up, let’s talk about these Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. The title alone is enough to make your mouth water! But wait till you see the picture – that creamy pumpkin layer, that crunchy crust, that luscious caramel drizzle… Oh my! And the taste is just as incredible as it looks. The richness of the cheesecake is perfectly balanced by the spicy sweetness of the pumpkin, while the salted caramel adds an extra dimension of indulgence.
To make these bars, you’ll need some pumpkin puree, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, vanilla, spices, flour, and butter. Mix the crust ingredients together and press them into a pan. Beat the cheesecake ingredients together and pour the mixture over the crust. Bake and let it cool. Make the caramel sauce by heating coconut cream, sugar, and salt together. Drizzle the sauce over the cheesecake and enjoy! Here’s the recipe in full:
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/165°C.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, and butter until crumbly. Press the mixture into a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft, creamy, and without lumps.
- Add the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and spices, and beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and smooth it out.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely in the pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut cream, sugar, and salt over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the cheesecake and serve.
Now, let’s move on to the Vegan Caramel Sauce. Yes, you read that right – vegan! You might be thinking, can caramel still be caramel without cream and butter? Well, this recipe proves that it can! Made with coconut cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and sea salt, this caramel sauce is just as smooth, sweet, and salty as the traditional kind, but with a nutty coconutty flavor. And it’s so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered with the dairy version.
To make this sauce, all you need to do is heat the ingredients together in a saucepan until they thicken and darken. The longer you cook it, the thicker and darker it will get, so adjust the time to your preference. Here’s the recipe:
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) full-fat coconut cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and sea salt over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until it thickens and turns a deep amber color. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the caramel sauce cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now that you have these two amazing recipes, it’s time to treat yourself to some fall flavors! Whether you share with your loved ones or keep them all to yourself, savor every bite and feel the warmth and coziness of the season. Happy fall, y’all!