Elevate your mealtime game with these two delicious and easy-to-make recipes. These dishes are perfect for toddlers, children or adults who love fish fingers. And the best part? They’re baked, making them a healthier option for family meals.
First up is the delectable Fish Fingers. This savory dish is a favorite of children and adults alike. It’s easy to prepare and doesn’t take long to cook.
Fish Fingers Recipe
- 4 filets of cod or haddock
- 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the fish fillets into finger-sized pieces.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, and salt together in a dish.
- In a separate dish, whisk the egg and water together.
- Dip each piece of fish into the egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture, making sure to coat each piece well.
- Place the fish fingers onto the prepared baking tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fish fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Next up is the Baked Fish Finger Casserole. This mouthwatering casserole is a fantastic meal for all occasions. It’s perfect for parties, family gatherings, or a special dinner at home.
Baked Fish Finger Casserole Recipe
- 20 fish fingers
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Grease a baking dish.
- Place the fish fingers in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cooked rice over the fish fingers.
- Pour the cream of mushroom soup over the rice.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the soup.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the breadcrumbs until coated in butter.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the cheese layer.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
These two dishes are incredibly delicious, easy to make, and healthy. So go ahead and add them to your next meal plan, and elevate your family’s mealtime to new heights!
In conclusion, mealtime should be a time of enjoyment and nourishment. With these two fantastic dishes, you can have both. These dishes are family favorites and will make you forget all about those unhealthy frozen fish fingers. So, give them a try and elevate your mealtime game right away!