As we continue on our journey towards a healthy lifestyle, it’s important to find fun and creative ways to make vegetables more exciting. Grilled asparagus is a perfect example of a simple and delicious dish that can take your meals to the next level.
First, preheat your grill to medium-high heat. While the grill is heating up, prepare your asparagus by washing and trimming the ends. Then, coat the asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the asparagus on the grill and cook for about 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are slightly charred and tender.
But let’s take it up a notch, shall we? Add a balsamic reduction to your grilled asparagus for a burst of flavor that will have your taste buds dancing. Here’s how to make it: In a small saucepan, combine one cup of balsamic vinegar and one tablespoon of honey. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened and reduced by half. Then drizzle the balsamic reduction over the grilled asparagus and enjoy!
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also add some apricots to your grilled asparagus for a fruity twist. Slice the apricots in half and grill them alongside the asparagus for about 3-4 minutes per side. Finally, drizzle the balsamic reduction over both the asparagus and apricots for a healthy and satisfying dish.
To make the most of your grilled asparagus and apricots, here’s a recipe with a list of ingredients and instructions for you to follow:
– 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 4 apricots, halved and pitted
– 1 cup balsamic vinegar
– 1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Grill the asparagus for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until slightly charred and tender.
4. Grill the apricots for 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction: In a small saucepan, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened and reduced by half.
6. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the grilled asparagus and apricots.
7. Serve immediately.
In conclusion, grilled asparagus with balsamic reduction and apricots is a flavorful and healthy dish that can add some excitement to your meals. Plus, it’s a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. So fire up that grill and give it a try. Your taste buds will thank you!