Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie Recipe
This chicken and vegetable pot pie recipe is the perfect comfort food for those cold winter nights. With a flaky crust and a savory filling made with tender chicken and fresh vegetables, this dish is sure to warm your heart and your stomach.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 carrots, peeled and diced
– 3 stalks celery, diced
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1 cup frozen corn
– 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the carrots and celery, and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the frozen peas, corn, and chicken, and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir until evenly coated.
6. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and heavy cream, and cook until the mixture thickens and comes to a simmer, about 10 minutes.
7. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie dish and top with the puff pastry, pressing it down around the edges to seal.
9. Bake the pot pie for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crisp.
This chicken and vegetable pot pie recipe is a delicious and easy way to warm up on a cold winter night. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, it’s a perfect dish to make for family or friends. Serve it with a simple green salad for a complete meal, or enjoy it on its own for a cozy night in. Bon appétit!