I am excited to share with you a recipe that I recently discovered – Butternut Squash Gnocchi! This dish is perfect for a cozy night in, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet. Here’s how to make it:
Butternut Squash Gnocchi
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of fresh sage leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F. Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place the squash halves cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the flesh is soft.
- Once the squash is cooked, scoop the flesh out of the skins and mash it until it’s smooth. Add the egg and Parmesan cheese to the butternut squash and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour to the mixture until you get a dough-like consistency.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for a few minutes, then roll it into long ropes about 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut the ropes into bite-sized pieces and gently press each piece with a fork to create the classic gnocchi shape.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the gnocchi. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until they float to the surface of the water.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and add the sage leaves. Allow the butter to brown slightly and the sage leaves to crisp up.
- Drain the gnocchi and toss with the brown butter sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy your delicious Butternut Squash Gnocchi!
I hope you enjoy making and eating this dish as much as I did. It’s a perfect comfort food and can be easily adapted to suit your taste. Plus, it’s a great way to get in some extra nutrients. So give it a try, and let me know what you think!