Fall is the perfect season for cozying up with a cup of coffee and a sweet treat. And what’s more fall-appropriate than pumpkin spice? I’ve found a delightful recipe for Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts that I just had to share. Trust me, these little delights will bring a warm, comforting flavour to your autumn days.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
These baked pumpkin spice donuts are the perfect treat to welcome the fall season. They’re moist and packed with warm, comforting spices that will make you feel like you’re wrapped up in a cozy blanket.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoons ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a donut pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the donut pan, filling each mold about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a donut.
- Cool the donuts in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you want to add a little extra sweetness to these donuts, you can mix together some powdered sugar and milk to create a glaze. Just dip the tops of the donuts in the glaze, let them dry, and enjoy! These baked pumpkin spice donuts are the perfect treat for fall gatherings or just for a weekend morning. They’re a sweet reminder of the warmth and comfort of the season.
Vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Icing
If you’re looking to get a bit creative with your pumpkin spice donuts, why not add a drizzle of Vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Icing?
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave.
- Stir in the non-dairy milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled donuts and let set for a few minutes.
These donuts are perfect for a cosy Sunday morning breakfast or a special snack with friends. You can also easily whip up a batch to bring to a fall barbecue or potluck. Give these Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts a try and I promise you’ll be hooked in no time. Enjoy!