Perfect 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice
'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice At home. I cooked a refrigerator clean-out fried rice. I cooked a refrigerator clean-out fried rice. Egg fried rice was something I used to have all the time as a kid. My mom made it to use leftover rice from last night's dinner to make breakfast. That's what leftovers and pantry staples are for. The following traditional Deep fried Grain recipke is just one of one of the best means to utilise outstanding almond, and it`s really ready inside of 20 minutes. It`s good without treatment or even to be a part
Cleaning Out the Fridge Fried Rice. Fried rice is a great dumping ground for random ingredients lying around your kitchen. And guess what — all those random ingredients will come together and do wonderful things. In this tutorial, I am going to teach you how to make 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice At home with simple ingredients, exactly like Chinese restaurants. My 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice recipe is the best on earth!
I will also educate you on how to use up leftover steamed rice and ensure it is into an appetizing, cheap, and flavorful meal for the whole family!
How to cook 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice?
'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice possibly the absolute most ordered meal or side on the menu at any sign up for restaurant, 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice is loved by people all over the world. Adding crispy bacon to it helps it be so good, you dont wish to order in after trying it out! Most recipes stick to just soy sauce as a flavour base, but in recent times of making it, I are finding the best flavour combination to be made from just four extra ingredients.
You can cook 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice:
- It’s of Cold/Leftover cooked rice.
- Prepare of (equal to)=.
- It’s of Chopped/Diced raw vegetables/left overs.
- You need of Olive oil or butter.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Ginger.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- You need of Tamari/Soy sauce.
The key is to add what you like – basically just clean out the fridge. If you love mushrooms, add a bunch. You can make a delicious, quick and easy stir fry with them by adding a bit of this and a bit of that and a lot of ingenuity! Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have in the fridge.
'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice instructions:
- If you do not have leftover rice, cook some rice in a yummy vegetable, chicken or beef stock at least 2 hours before preparing meal – the key is having enough rice to equal the amount of veggies you are using. Be sure rice is cooked and cold, and all veggies are chopped/diced prior to cooking..
- Heat olive oil or butter in a saute pan / wok (pan large enough for rice and veggies to be stirred).
- Add garlic, cook for a minute or 2..
- Add veggies, 1 at a time, in order of desired cooking time (example: 1st carrots for 3-5min, then onion, then broccoli, then water chestnuts, then spinach).
- Stir in rice, a couple dashes of ginger, sesame oil and tamari sauce (to taste). Stir fry for about 5min, then remove from heat and enjoy!.
- Any veggie combo will work, here is some inspiration: corn, peas, pea pods, sugar snaps, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, onion, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, waterchestnuts, eggplant, tomato, sweet potato, zucchini – add left over shrimp, chicken, pork, beef… anything goes!!! Even bacon!.
I love to cook Asian-inspired dishes so a rice cooker is much needed in our household. But for the last two years I've made pancetta fried rice and quinoa fried rice so I went a different route using Spam. I know that some people have HUGE aversions to canned. Growing up, having fried rice for dinner was synonymous with "fridge clean-out day," meaning that any leftover vegetables and proteins from the night-or week-before were on their way to the wok. Those leftovers might be pieces of Chinese roast pork, bits of leftover chicken and baby bok choy, gai lan.
Easy tips to cook 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice
Do not use fresh steamed rice as the rice grains have too much moisture content and too starchy for stir fry. The rice will clump and stick together in lumps.
Use leftover steamed rice, or “overnight” rice. It means rice that had been left overnight in the refrigerator whilst the rain grains are drier and have lost the moisture content.
The next time you dine out at Chinese restaurants or takeout restaurants, require a supplementary serving of steamed white rice. Carry it home and retain in the refrigerator. The following day, you have the perfect “overnight” or leftover rice which will be perfect for making this recipe.
Instead of the rice try adding cauliflower or quinoa for a healthy gluten free twist.
For protein add beef, shrimp or chicken to the recipe. Simply brown the protein first, put aside then toss back in with the rice and veggies once they`ve finished cooking.
For a twist try adding chopped up kimchi for kimchi fried rice. It adds the right tang and heat! Brown rice may be substituted for the white rice for extra fiber and nutrients. Feel free to substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand. Red bell peppers, celery or broccoli would all be great in this!