Mutton and potato Biryani. Potato biryani is a flavorful & delicious dum cooked dish made with basmati rice, spices, potatoes & herbs. Most commonly biryani is made with either chicken or mutton and is a favorite among many. This aloo biryani is amazingly delicious and will be loved if you are a vegetarian. The components are often outlined in order of use inside the recipe. If two tablespoons of butter and one/two cup finely minced celery are the first two components, you are going to use these two aspects initially when producing the dish. Certainly the ideal quinoa cooking technique. The end result was the most perfect, gentle and fluffy quinoa ever!
Sift pulao/biryani masala in a tea strainer over a plate and set solids aside. Add the diced lamb and cook until sealed In a separate pan heat the remaining oil, add the whole spices and heat for a few minutes Add the rice and stir to coat with the spice mix Add the water and salt then combine with the lamb mix, potatoes, and green beans. Transfer to a large oven proof casserole The Best Mutton Biryani Recipe ever – Prepared with utmost care and love, it holds a regal legacy from the kitchen of Nawabs and Nizams. You can cook Mutton and potato Biryani using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mutton and potato Biryani:
- Prepare 4 cups of Rice.
- You need of meat 1.25 kg (I added a little more meat but you can add less if you like) and i used goat back leg meat.
- Prepare 1 cup of Oil.
- It’s of masalas- Tej pat (Bay leaf).
- You need 2-3 of , dal chini (cinnamon).
- Prepare 1 1/2 of inch, jaiphal (nutmeg) javathri powder 1tsp (optional),.
- It’s 6-7 of prunes (Dry Aaloo Bhukara),.
- You need of green cardamoms 4-5,.
- It’s of whole black pepper ¾ ts,.
- Prepare 3 of black cardamoms,.
- You need cloves of 7-8;.
- You need of beaten 1½ cup greek style yoghurt or Regular;.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed chillies,.
- You need 1 of ts salt,.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of chilli powder,.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of coriander powder &.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds,.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shan Bombay Masala.
- It’s 2 of large size onion.
- Prepare 3 of med tomatoes.
- It’s 2-3 of green chillies.
- It’s 3 of medium potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
Mutton Biryani is a royal dish that indeed needs no introduction or mentions. The beautifully spiced and fragrant layers of biryani rice centred with juicy, tender meat and masalas, bliss! The only accompaniment, you need with this chicken biryani with potatoes is some chilled and spiced yoghurt, so I have served it alongside a raita. To make it, I simply, whisked yoghurt, added chopped cucumbers, pink salt and chaat masala.
Steps to make Mutton and potato Biryani:
- To the mutton add the beaten yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, 1 tbsp haldi, crushed red chillies, coriander (dhaniya) powder, lemon juice, cumin seed (safaid Zeera). Shan Bombay Masala.
- Allow the mutton to marinate for couple of hours. I usually just marinate till i fry the other masalas. you can also marinate overnight too if you like.
- Now in a pot warm up 1 cup oil add sliced onions and fry them till they turn golden brown then add tomatoes.
- Fry them until they are soften. Now add the marinated mutton. Fry for some more minutes now cover the pot and lower the flame. Cook until meat is tender Completely!.
- After the meat is tender add potatoes, cook for only 5-6 minutes on medium to high flame because the rest it will cook while you put it on dum.
- Heat water (2 ½ times more than the rice) add the whole masala (Again you can adjust Khara masala on your own taste if you like less you can do that),salt to taste according to your rice, once the water starts boiling then add the rice & Vinegar (3 tsp). Cook the rice till ¾ done and then drain in the colander.
- Assembling: Take a heavy-bottomed pot or take the same pot that you cooked rice in, Spread a lil oil at the bottom then spread three quarer rice and pour the cooked mutton curry on top. At this point you can add Aloo bukhara and hara dhaniya if you like..
- Spread the remaining rice over this. Now add fried onions, and heat up 1/4 cup of oil in a pan add some green chillies,once they starts to crackle up put the green chillies on top of the onions and pour the oil over the rice. Now put the flame high for 5 minutes, then lower the flame completely until the Rice is Tender! Birayni is ready…
The chilled raita is a classic side to this spicy biryani. Kolkata Mutton Biryani is a flavorful delicacy cooked with mutton chunks, rice, potato and boiled eggs. Baby Potato Biryani Recipe – a dum cooked biryani with tender, soft baby potatoes and fragrant fluffy rice. You are going to love this aloo biryani because it is super tasty and full of flavors. Of course not to forget just like any other biryani dish, this is also a fragrant dish. Broiling can be a cooking method wherever food stuff is subjected to immediate radiant warmth like from the gasoline burner or electric coil in the oven. This lemony tart is loaded with fontina cheese and contemporary asparagus. It’s a snap to create but seems to be seriously impressive. Be recommended…your company might be vying for the last tasty slice. —Heidi Meek, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Print this page