Erwtensoep. In fact, the Dutch believe that erwtensoep (also known as snert) should be so thick that you can stand a spoon upright in it. Made with split peas , plenty of vegetables, and pork, this delicious Dutch pea soup is traditionally served on New Year's Day in the Netherlands but is also enjoyed throughout the fall and winter months. This soup is not a starter but a substantial meal, our favorite winter soup!! One example is, When you have a late start and need the beans tomorrow, use the extended soak system and soak the beans right away. Any time you rise up each morning, you’ll have plump beans able to cook. If you need the beans cooked asap, the short soak is very best. Honey Roasted Chickpeas with Sea Salt: How to produce crunchy roasted chickpeas with honey, cinnamon, and sea salt. We adore how simple it is for making this honey roasted chickpea snack. These are so great that after You begin having them, it’s challenging to end.
It can also go by the name of Snert or just Dutch Split Pea Soup. Snert, another name for erwtensoep, is a popular dish in Holland, and will often be quoted as THE Dutch soup. But as popular as it may be, pea soup has been around much longer than we have, and many cultures have a version of soup made with peas.. You can have Erwtensoep using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Erwtensoep:
- Prepare 600 gram of kacang polong kering.
- You need 3 of buah bawang bombai.
- Prepare 3 of batang seledri besar.
- Prepare 1/2 of batang daun bawang besar.
- It’s 2 of buah wortel.
- Prepare 2 of lembar bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 of sendok teh merica bubuk.
- You need 1 of sendok teh garam.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of daging, untuk bagian daging dan jenis nya sesuai selera.
- It’s 2 liter of air.
The Dutch like soups and there is not a more traditional soup from the Netherlands than split pea soup, called snert or erwtensoep. Dutch cuisine is above all a winter cuisine. The vegetables that grow in the Netherlands are those that are able to overcome a certain level of frost and that do not deteriorate more in case of prolonged rains. The snert that I am sharing today, as well as the.
Instructions to make Erwtensoep:
- Siapkan kacang polong, untuk kacang polong pastikan beli yang kering dan sudah terbelah tanpa kulit. Kemudian cuci bersih dan rendam dengan air kira-kira 15 menit. Lalu siapkan panci beri 2 liter air, lalu rebus bersama dengan daging, rebus sampai mendidih..
- Kemudian siapkan seledri, bawang bombai, wortel dan daun bawang. Lalu potong kotak-kotak semua sayuran ukuran kecil..
- Kemudian buang air rendaman kacang, angkat daging dari air rebusan dan sisihkan, lalu masukan kacang polong kedalam air rebusan daging, dan masukan juga potongan sayuran nya, lalu tambahkan bay leaf. Masak sampai kacang dan sayuran hancur, gunakan api sedang dan sesekali di aduk-aduk agar cepat hancur dan mengental..
- Setelah kacang dan sayuran benar-benar hancur merata dan mengental, masukan garam dan merica aduk rata, koreksi rasa, bisa di tambah garam dan merica jika perlu, atau jika suka sosis bisa di tambhakan juga kedalam rebusan sup ini. Setelah di rasa cukup matikan api. Taruh sup dalam piring atau mangkuk,beri isiran daging dan sajikan..
Classic Dutch pea soup (erwtensoep, snert) As you might have noticed, despite being Dutch I cook Italian almost every day. There are some exceptions however, and one of them is pea soup. About once every winter I make this hearty and very filling soup from scratch. There are many variations of the recipe, but this is a very classic version. Love the Dutch name and the soup tastes very good but the recipe has serious problems. When that point comes, cook it in a skillet such as you Ordinarily would — with a pair essential tweaks. Silken or added-business? To push or never to push? This uncomplicated baked tofu recipe + my very best suggestions and tips will instruct you how to cook tofu like a Professional!
Print this page