Delicious Irish Fried Rice Recipes
Irish Fried Rice At home. The following traditional Fried Rice food is truly one of my personal favorite means to use up remaining grain, and geared up inside of 20 minutes. It`s good naturally or perhaps for a side
In this beautiful day, We are likely to coach you on making Irish Fried Rice DIY with simple ingredients, the same as Chinese restaurants. My Irish Fried Rice recipe is the greatest on the planet!
I will even educate you on how to make use of up leftover steamed rice and allow it to be into an appetizing, cheap, and flavorful meal for the entire family!
How to make Irish Fried Rice?
Irish Fried Rice possibly the absolute most ordered meal or side on the menu at any sign up for restaurant, Irish Fried Rice is loved by people all around the world. Adding crispy bacon to it causes it to be so good, you dont wish to order in after trying it out! Most recipes stick to just soy sauce as a flavour base, but through the years of creating it, I are finding the best flavour combination to be made from just four extra ingredients.
You can have Irish Fried Rice using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Irish Fried Rice:
- It’s 250 grams of Cooked cold Rice.
- It’s 100 grams of Streaky Bacon (fat trimmed if you are on a health kick).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of Scallion (Not a spring onion, its Irish Fried Rice after all).
- It’s 15 ml of Oil for cooking (your choice)..
Irish Fried Rice instructions:
- Chop the bacon into small pieces.
- In a dry hot wok fry the bacon until crispy.
- Drain the bacon to a bowl for later,.
- Reserve the bacon fat for other recipes..
- Add the oil to the wok(with the bacon fat if you like (Waste not want not)) and heat to smoke point.
- Add the Rice to the Wok, stir immediately and continuously.
- You are only heating up the rice really so it goes quick.
- Add back in the bacon keep the rice moving.
- Make a well in the center of the rice and crack in the egg.
- Scramble the egg immediately and stir into the rice and bacon.
- Add the chopped spring onion I mean Scallion..
- A couple of drops of Sesame Oil at this point for add flavor is allowed but not too much as to overpower the bacon..
Some tips to make Irish Fried Rice
Do not use fresh steamed rice because the rice grains have a lot of moisture content and too starchy for stir fry. The rice will clump and stick together in lumps.
Use leftover steamed rice, or “overnight” rice. This means rice that had been left overnight in the refrigerator as the rain grains are drier and have lost the moisture content.
Next time you dine out at Chinese restaurants or takeout restaurants, look for an extra serving of steamed white rice. Take it home and keep in the refrigerator. The following day, you have the right “overnight” or leftover rice that will be ideal for making this recipe.
Rather than the rice try adding cauliflower or quinoa for a wholesome gluten free twist.
For protein add beef, shrimp or chicken to this recipe. Simply brown the protein first, set aside then toss back in with the rice and veggies once they`ve finished cooking.
For a perspective try adding chopped up kimchi for kimchi fried rice. It adds an ideal tang and heat! Brown rice may be substituted for the white rice for extra fiber and nutrients. Feel liberated to substitute whatever vegetables you`ve on hand. Red bell peppers, celery or broccoli would all be great in this!