Bombay Sandwich. Mistry's Bombay Sandwich is made with onions cooked down into jam, plus potatoes, two kinds of cheese (Monterey Jack for meltiness and tangy cheddar to cut the spice and richness of the onion), and. Wash the tomatoes and cut round slices of it as well. Bombay sandwich is a deliciously wholesome sandwich with generous amounts of lip smacking fresh cilantro-mint chutney and thinly sliced veggies layered between slices of soft bread. Right after 20 minutes, I will convert the stove off, fluff my quinoa with a fork, and Allow sit address for a further five mintes. Then, I will cook my veggies and kale and thr very good stuffs. My mom had a pal who made extravagant, reliable Chinese meals, and then sent her partner to go get rice within the nearby Chinese restaurant.
Most people love to enjoy these with a cup of Indian masala chai. Bombay is the former name of Mumbai. First among them: the Bombay Sandwich, a staple of the legendary Mumbai street food canon. You can have Bombay Sandwich using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bombay Sandwich:
- Prepare 4 of sliced white bread or your favorite soft sliced bread.
- You need 1/4 cup of green chutney.
- Prepare 1 of small cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of tomato ripe but firm thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small potato steamed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mix veggies.
- It’s 2 of small onion halves and thinly sliced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chat masala.
Helen Graves serves up her version of Mumbai's most famous street food snack – the Mumbai sandwich. Soft white bread is topped with a vibrant herb chutney, masala spices and layers of cucumber, onion and tomato. The sandwich is then toasted until golden brown, concealing an oozing molten cheese centre. For more recipes related to Bombay Sandwich checkout Bread Ke Pakode , Pin Wheel Sandwich, Onion Parmesan Cheese Toast, Tricolour Sandwiches.
Steps to make Bombay Sandwich:
- Peel and thinly slice cucumbers. You may choose to keep the peel on or partially peel. Peel the potato and thinly slice..
- Apply up to 1 tablespoon of chutney (more or less depending on the spice level on one side of the bread..
- Take one sliced and start layering veggies over the chutney side. Start with steamed veggies that do not release too much water like potatoes/beets as it will help the bread from getting soggy. Then layer over cucumbers and tomatoes. Finally layer onions/bell peppers making sure you have a nice flat layer of veggies..
- Sprinkle with chat masala or salt & pepper (optional)..
- Finally place the second slice of bread chutney side down over the veggies. Cut the sandwich in half lengthwise or diagonally and serve immediately..
- Serve it with sprinkling some namkeen over it..
You can also find more Snacks and Starters recipes like Hara Bhara Paneer Tikka Healthy Oats Dosa Baked Samosa Soya Chaap – SK Khazana Like This Video!! One of the best Street food of Mumbai is Veg. This Bombay vegetable sandwich is a popular Mumbai street food of delicious sandwiches made with mix vegetables, green chutney and a few spice powders. In fact, most people actually call it a Bombay or Mumbai Sandwich. It's one of my favorite things to eat. Get rid of the lid and fluff the quinoa that has a fork. Season with salt, to style, unless you’re continuing with One more recipe as created. “I just located this recipe by using pinterest! I designed the soup yesterday and I Certainly love it!! Never ever considered quinoa in soup but this helps make much feeling!
Print this page